Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Visit Home

March 2, 2013

We left Moab a day earlier than originally planned to take care of some business in Colorado.  We left before we had to experience a very cold night in the camper.  Grandma and Grandpa Ricks had stew and rolls (both dinner and cinnamon) warm and ready for us.  The kids were happy to have slumber party and slept on the floor in Grandma’s room.  Justin and I could hear them giggling for quite a while after they all went to bed.  After a quick stop for shoes, we headed to Pueblo where we would spend two nights with Grandma and Papa. 

In Pueblo, we had a chance to have an impromptu family dinner with my Papa and sisters.  The kids had so much fun running around the house with their cousins.  It was hard to get them all to separate come bed time.  They even had to continue their fun the next day at Auntie T’s house!  Justin and I had a hungry time watching lots of food shows with my parents.  It was such a nice break from the truck, but we were definitely ready to hit the road once the time came.  We left Pueblo with full bellies and clean clothes and headed towards Palo Duro Canyon near Amarillo, Texas. 

I only wish I had pulled my camera out and taken pictures while we were visiting.  Next time, I will remember!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment